Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vision Problems: Contacts or Glasses?


CAN YOU SEE?


Vision is a very important factor in todays society and shouldn't be taken lightly. Whether your child needs to see writing on the board at school or you need to read signs while driving, vision is proven to be vital. So if you haven't been to an eye doctor in a while I suggest you go and see if you need visual aid. When I put contacts on for the first time I hadn't realized how much of the world I missing out on and I don't want you to miss out on it either. 

Now I know this question arises when you visit the eye doctor : Should I Get Contacts or Glasses?
It really is up to the lifestyle that suits you best, but personally I would suggest contacts. Heres why:
  1. Contacts don't fog up like glasses in poor weather conditions
  2. They don't create a distortion on your eyesight
  3. No uncomfortable weight on your face or ears
  4. Glasses have poor peripheral (side) vision
  5. Glasses become a hassle when playing sports or activities
Contacts are more beneficial in almost all areas accept one in particular. That would be when your eyes are irritated and your contact will not stay on your eyeball. You will have to get a new pair of contacts if you wish to see correctly again. This problem occurs mainly when someone has allergies or when its nears the end of the day and the contact will dry out. Just make sure you use contact solution once in a while to keep your contacts fresh. 

Contacts can be tricky for beginners to put in, but once you get the hang of it its worth your while. 

The type of contacts I use currently are called Dailies. You can check out there website here.
These types of contacts are for one day only (hence the name) and then you can dispose of them. Every day you will open up a new pair of contacts that are fresh and clean, which is why I prefer this brand. Other top brands are Acuvue, Focus, Fresh Look, and PureVision.

Now I also own a pair of glasses (surprising huh?) and they serve me quite well. I recommend getting some if your at home on the weekends and don't really feel like putting contacts on in the morning. If your not worried about your complexion then this would be a wise choice to invest in some glasses. 

Bottom Line:

Contacts - Use for your everyday lifestyle & activities

Glasses - Use when your at home and don't care about who sees your complexion

No comments:

Post a Comment